Monday 21 February 2022

BCCI: 'We will speak to Saha and want to know if he was threatened'

 The BCCI will ask wicketkeeper-player Wriddhiman Saha to clarify a tweet he posted on Saturday, which claimed that a writer took a forceful tone with him after Saha didn't react to a solicitation for a meeting.

On Saturday, Saha, who had been dropped from the Indian group for the forthcoming Test series against Sri Lanka, had taken to Twitter to distribute a screen capture of messages that a "regarded" columnist had sent him on WhatsApp. The screen capture being referred to had the source mentioning Saha "to do a meeting with me", to which Saha didn't react. The messages in the end took a more forceful tone: "You didn't call. At no point in the future will I interview you. I don't take affronts generous. Furthermore I will recall this. This wasn't something ypu ought to have done."

Following the tweet, a few previous players and mentors like Ravi Shastri, Harbhajan Singh and Virender Sehwag, came to Saha's help, encouraging him to uncover the name of the columnist.

"Indeed, we will get some information about his tweet and what is the genuine episode that has occurred," the BCCI financier Arun Dhumal told PTI. "We really want to know whether he was compromised and furthermore the foundation and setting of his tweet. I can't utter a word more. The secretary (Jay Shah) will surely address Wriddhiman."

Saha, notwithstanding, later said he would not uncover the name of the columnist to the board.

"I haven't gotten any correspondence from the BCCI yet," Saha told the Indian Express. "Assuming they request that I uncover the name (of the writer), I would let them know it was never my aim to hurt someone's profession, to pull an individual down. That is the reason I didn't uncover the name in my tweet. That is not the instructing of my folks. The principle reason for my tweet was to uncover the way that there's somebody in the media who does things like this, affronting a player's desire.

"It was just a little unreasonable, which I needed to tell through my tweets. He who has done it knows it quite well. I posted those tweets since I didn't need the players to face things like this. I needed to pass on the message that what has been done wasn't right and no other person ought to get it done once more."

Saha, who has played 40 Tests, was told by lead trainer Rahul Dravid after the visit through South Africa that the group would be continuing on from him and that he could take a choice on his vocation.

Saha had uncovered the changing area discussions with Dravid however the lead trainer said that "he was not do any harm" as he regards the cricketer and simply needed to give him an unmistakable picture on his situation with genuineness and clearness.

Saha had additionally asserted that BCCI president Sourav Ganguly had messaged him to guarantee that he could never be dropped from the group till he was in charge of undertakings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

India vs England 3rd odi match preview

 India vs England 3rd odi match was crucial to both teams. It was prestige problem to Home side of England cricket and also testing the capt...