Friday 4 February 2022

'I picked you because you can hit the ball miles away. Go explode': SL star recalls 'special moment' with Dhoni in IPL

 

Mahendra Singh Dhoni might have been inseparable from the Chennai Super Kings however they are not by any means the only establishment he addressed in the Indian Premier League. In 2016 and 2017, when CSK were prohibited for quite some time, Dhoni wore the shirt for Rising Pune Supergiants. He had driven the side in the 2016 release of the competition and one of his partners from the side, Sri Lanka's Thisara Perera, reviewed a 'unique second' while batting with Dhoni during a game.

Perera, who played just one season for the Pune establishment, imparted an organization to MS Dhoni and uncovered the second where he felt "Dhoni resembles my sibling."

"I recollect a unique episode with MS Dhoni for Rising Pune Supergiants, in 2016, and that is the place where I felt that Dhoni resembles my sibling. In one of the matches, we were 35-5, and I came down to bat. MS was the non-striker," Perera started, as he portrayed the story to News9.

"He approached me and said, 'Greetings, TP. We should simply bat'. I protected my first ball and he comes to me thumping the pitch - 'Hello, TP. What are you doing?' I said, 'I'm simply watching the ball.' The answer from him was exceptionally extraordinary, something which I didn't expect with the kind of scorecard we were having around then. 'No, no. I picked you since you can hit the ball miles away. Go detonate'."

Perera further referenced that Dhoni stayed unbeaten till the finish of the innings and named the current CSK captain as "perhaps the best commander" he played under.

"Also from that point on, I was simply hitting each ball. I got around 18-ball 40 or something, which removed the energy from the resistance. MS played until the twentieth over and we scored around 170 or 180 from 35-5. Furthermore for that reason it is unique 100% of the time to play under MS. He is probably the best skipper, I have played under in my profession," said Perera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

India vs England 3rd odi match preview

 India vs England 3rd odi match was crucial to both teams. It was prestige problem to Home side of England cricket and also testing the capt...