Tuesday 8 February 2022

Usman Khawaja believes that Justin Langer left behind a strong legacy after his stint as head coach of the Australian team

 Australia hitter Usman Khawaja accepts that Justin Langer left behind a solid heritage after his stretch as lead trainer of the Australian group, a job he left on Saturday, 5 February.

Khawaja accepts the greatest effect Langer had was reestablishing "lowliness" in the side. Notwithstanding driving Australia to their lady T20 World Cup title and having an effective Ashes, Langer finished his four-year residency as lead trainer of the Australia men's side, declining a proposal from Cricket Australia for a six-month expansion.

"One thing that I do cherish 'JL' (Langer) for, what I feel like he brought back was modesty - I felt like he brought lowliness back into the Australian cricket crew," he said. "Everything unquestionably revolves around heritage and for me that is one thing he left behind, in light of the fact that I know what we were playing like before he was mentor, and I know what we were playing like after he was mentor.

"I upheld Langer the individual. I felt like individuals were assaulting himself, Justin Langer, and I felt that was a piece unreasonable; you must separate the mentor from the individual. Furthermore that is likely where I was coming from."

Expressing that he was disheartened by Langer's takeoff from the job, Khawaja likewise added that he wasn't completely mindful of the conditions that prompted him leaving, in the midst of analysis encompassing Test chief Pat Cummins for not openly supporting Langer after his exit.

"I just returned the group two months prior. I've been a smidgen out of it, somewhat detached, yet there's clearly a great deal of ex-players coming and discussing the playing bunch," Khawaja said.

The Australian hitter, who got back to the Test arrangement after right around two years during the Ashes, likewise commended Langer for continuously hoping to improve as a mentor and said that he saw positive changes in the arrangement during Langer's residency.

"JL [Langer] is one person assuming you give him criticism, he typically pushes back to begin however consistently takes it in at some stage," he said. "He was continuously attempting to improve as a mentor, personally, and attempting to give his all.

"I could see, most certainly, enhancements where he presumably was a piece more vulnerable with his instructing and it's like we all, we as a whole are attempting to improve … and I could see that the work being placed in. I still generally coexisted with him."

No comments:

Post a Comment

India vs England 3rd odi match preview

 India vs England 3rd odi match was crucial to both teams. It was prestige problem to Home side of England cricket and also testing the capt...